DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Oversee the production of NCURA's professional journal of scholarly writings on research administration, Research Management Review.
- Function of Position - Responsible for the overall production of RMR, including recruiting authors, recruiting the editorial board, assigning submitted papers to reviewers, overseeing editing and publication.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities & % Time Devoted - See above; approximately four hours per week is devoted to RMR responsibilities.
- Knowledge and/or Skills - Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to coordinate the activities of a geographically dispersed editorial board; ability to recruit authors and assemble collaborators in certain topics. Ability to identify "hot topics" in the field and plan articles and issues to address those topics.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience in, the field of research administration; experience with electronic publishing.
- Training and Support - Support is provided by the NCURA office and by the Professional Development Committee.
- Additional Information (Benefits, Cost Reimbursement, Travel Requirements, etc) - Travel costs to PDC meetings (other than those held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting) will be reimbursed by NCURA.