DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Oversee the production of NCURA's professional journal of scholarly writings on research administration, Research Management Review.
Reflective of NCURA's Diversity and Inclusion Statement, we are committed to achieving diversity of all kinds in appointments, including experience, geographic area, institutional type, gender, and ethnicity, and we encourage ALL interested members to become involved in NCURA.
- Function of Position - Responsible for the overall production of RMR, including recruiting authors, recruiting the editorial board, assigning submitted papers to reviewers, overseeing editing and publication.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities & % Time Devoted - See above; approximately four hours per week is devoted to RMR responsibilities.
- Knowledge and/or Skills - Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to coordinate the activities of a geographically dispersed editorial board; ability to recruit authors and assemble collaborators in certain topics. Ability to identify "hot topics" in the field and plan articles and issues to address those topics.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience in, the field of research administration; experience with electronic publishing.
- Training and Support - Support is provided by the NCURA office and by the Professional Development Committee.
- Additional Information (Benefits, Cost Reimbursement, Travel Requirements, etc) - Travel costs to PDC meetings (other than those held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting) will be reimbursed by NCURA.
Applications (including a one page statement of interest with relevant experience, current CV and application form) are due by September 7 to email@example.com
QUESTIONS? Contact Marc Schiffman at firstname.lastname@example.org