DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Online Articles section of the NCURA website is an opportunity for members to easily find all NCURA’s currently published content from NCURA Magazine and Research Management Review journal organized by topical area. The site will also feature new articles written for this online space.
The Committees for each section will work closely with their section’s Contributing Editor to oversee the content on the site. Section Committees will curate articles from NCURA published resources, solicit, edit and write articles for the Online Articles section of the website. The Section Committees are appointed after a competitive application process and confirmation by the Professional Development Committee.
The NCURA Online Articles Contributing Editors shall serve a term of two years.
- Function of Position – The Section Committees work with their Contributing Editor to curate from NCURA resources as well as solicit, review and write articles for the Online Articles section of the NCURA website.
Compliance: Federal regulations; Government relations; Clinical/research trials; Policy development; IRB; IACUC; Biosafety; Export controls; Conflict of interest; Responsible conduct of research; Laboratory safety; Data stewardship
Pre-Award: Research and proposal development; Proposal writing; Proposal submission; Federal; Non-federal
Financial Management: Federal and Non-Federal; Post-Award; Property/Space; Audit; Effort reporting; F&A; Sub-award monitoring
Electronic Research Administration: Web management; Electronic systems; Database management; Metrics and reporting
Human Capital: Senior; Professional Development; Leadership; Supervision; Education and training; Mentoring; Wellness
Contract Management: Federal, Non-federal and industry contracting; Negotiation and acceptance; Intellectual property; Technology transfer; Non-disclosure agreements; Material transfer agreements
Recipient Specific: PUI; Medical; HBCU; Land grant
International: Collaborations; Legal issues
- Time Commitment: Approximately 2 hours per week will be required.
- Knowledge and/or Skills - Familiarity with NCURA, including its offerings.
- Knowledge of research administration issues, current topics as well as excellent writing and communication skills.
- Training and Support - Extensive support is available from the NCURA staff.
- Additional Information- No travel required for this position.
NCURA is committed to achieving diversity of all kinds in its appointments, including experience, geographic area, institutional type, gender, and ethnicity, and we encourage ALL interested members to become involved in NCURA.