DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Online Articles section of the NCURA website is an opportunity for members to easily find all of NCURA’s currently published content from NCURA Magazine and Research Management Review journal organized by topical area. The site will also feature new articles written for this online space.
The Senior Editor will oversee the content on the site and work closely with Contributing Editors of each topical area. The Senior Editor is appointed after a competitive application process and confirmation by the Professional Development Committee and the National Board of Directors.
The NCURA Online Articles Editor shall serve a term of three years.
- Function of Position – The Senior Editor “steers” the overall direction of the Online Articles section of the website. The Senior Editor works in conjunction with the Contributing Editors of the 8 Online Article Sections and the NCURA Staff. The Senior Editor facilitates coordination among the Contributing Editors to curate from NCURA resources, solicit, review and write articles for the Online Articles section of the NCURA website.
Compliance: Federal regulations; Government relations; Clinical/research trials; Policy development; IRB; IACUC; Biosafety; Export controls; Conflict of interest; Responsible conduct of research; Laboratory safety; Data stewardship
Pre-Award: Research and proposal development; Proposal writing; Proposal submission; Federal; Non-federal
Financial Management: Non-Federal and Federal; Post-Award; Property/Space; Audit; Effort reporting; F&A; Sub-award monitoring
Electronic Research Administration: Web management; Electronic systems; Database management; Metrics and reporting
Human Capital: Senior; Professional Development; Leadership; Supervision; Education and training; Mentoring; Wellness
Contract Management: Federal, Non-federal and industry contracting; Negotiation and acceptance; Intellectual property; Technology transfer; Non-disclosure agreements; Material transfer agreements
Recipient Specific: PUI; Medical; HBCU; Land grant
International: Collaborations; Legal issues
- Time Commitment: Approximately 2 hours per week will be required.
- Knowledge and/or Skills - Familiarity with NCURA, including its offerings.
- Knowledge of research administration issues, current topics as well as excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience leading a volunteer initiative.
- Training and Support - Extensive support is available from the NCURA staff.
- Additional Information- No travel required for this position.
NCURA is committed to achieving diversity of all kinds in its appointments, including experience, geographic area, institutional type, gender, and ethnicity, and we encourage ALL interested members to become involved in NCURA.