DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The NCURA Magazine is the primary instrument for keeping the membership informed of news and items of interest within NCURA and in the research administration profession. The position of Senior Editor is necessitated by the growing size, complexity, and importance of the Magazine, both within the organization and as a premier publication within the global research administration profession. The Senior Editor is appointed after a competitive application process and confirmation by the Professional Development Committee and the National Board of Directors.
The NCURA Magazine Senior Editor shall serve a term of approximately two years and 4 months (2021 on-boarding/shadowing, then 2022-2023 as Senior Editor).
Required Application Materials (1 single PDF file):
- Function of Position – The Senior Editor helps guide the overall direction of the Magazine. This function includes development and execution of feature articles, the development and execution of thematic issues, the development of special issues released outside the normal publication schedule, and strategic planning at the beginning of each publication year. The Senior Editor works in conjunction with the Managing Editor and Co-Editors. The Senior Editor serves as “first among equals” in relation to the Co-Editors and facilitates coordination among them and the magazine in general.
The Senior Editor builds bridges to organizations parallel/related to NCURA and the research administration profession expressly for the purposes of enhancing the quality of the magazine, gathering the most current information on policy and regulatory developments, and garnering in-depth reporting and analysis of important research administration issues.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities & % Time Devoted – Duties and responsibilities are outlined in the preceding paragraph. Approximately 3 days per issue are devoted to Magazine responsibility, but as necessary to keep the magazine “on schedule.”
- Knowledge and/or Skills - Strong familiarity with NCURA, including its structure, organization, culture, regions and membership. Knowledge of research administration issues and current topics. Ability to manage production of a publication with a number of topics, with varying levels of seriousness. Ability to prioritize information for publication. Ability to interact with other research related professional organizations (e.g., AAAS, AAU, APLU, COGR, FDP, EARMA, NORDP, UIDP), with the goal of receiving articles and topic ideas from such organizations. Excellent writing and editing skills are required, as evidenced by prior written materials (articles, columns, etc.).
- A history of participation in other NCURA activities is required.
- Training and Support - Extensive support is available from the NCURA staff.
- Additional Information- Travel for Magazine business is reimbursed by NCURA.
Statement of interest and vision
Current resume/CVSubmit your material to email@example.com